Welcome to the BlogAdda Forum. Post your queries and views on various subjects surrounding the Indian blogosphere, connect with like-minded folks and have quality conversations. Spread the word amongst your fellow bloggers and let’s help each other.
What steps do you take before publishing a blog post?
  • A good blog is defined by its content. How many of us double check the post to avoid grammatical or spelling mistakes before posting? What are the steps you take? Do let the community know.
  • checking for the validity of the post and checking for grammatical and spelling mistakes.
  • Spell Check, Grammar check, Read the post at least twice, alignment, fonts, check the preview
  • My blog gives all the information required to make money out of a website or blogs,so i always make sure everything i have written is correct..fact-wise and grammar-wise ..I read it minimum thrice and check previews if the picture or text looks good ..
    -Blueboy
    -http://adprogramsinblog.blogspot.in/
  • I just do a preview when I am not sure. Mostly when there are photos involved, you need to do a little check about how this all is looking. Sometimes i change the background to suit the post.
  • well I rarely double check before publishing , at times I read it again while typing itself and correct the mistakes and at times read the post after publishing and then correct the mistakes I find
  • I think it is extremely important to read your blog post at least 5-6 times before publishing it. My most recent blog post had been edited by an editor friend of mine. A second opinion always helps.
  • Spell check spell check and check if i really want to post it !
  • Some of my checklists before I post :

1. Have i written anything extra that the post can do without ? Read, edit, read, edit.
    2. Do the photos have title, alt text and a caption ?
    3. Preview and check grammar, and spelling
    4. Have I linked to my other posts (only if relavant) with proper anchor texts ?
    5. Is the title apt for SEO ?
    6. Is the post relavant to my niche ? (Woodworking DIYS, Arts and Crafts)

After all this, I also look at whether the post is needed in the first place.

Considering I post once in a week, I mostly schedule my post and keep revisiting it during the weekend. I have realized that there is so much I edit when I relook at my post and hence have stopped posting on the go. I always tend to take my time.

Somu (Woodooz)
  • - spell and grammar check
    - if content is interesting to read
    - any images that i can add which are relevant to content
    - select good font and colour
    Last, but not least, i will read my post 2 to 3 times to ensure that it is interesting and not lengthy or boring
  • I -

1) Read again.
    2) Edit- removing irrelevant sentence or words. Spell and grammar check.
    3) Font size.
    4) Read again (Some times)

Welcome Friend!

Be a part of the BlogAdda Forum to connect, share and learn. Login via Facebook or Register, it takes less than a minute!

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In this Discussion