Welcome to the BlogAdda Forum. Post your queries and views on various subjects surrounding the Indian blogosphere, connect with like-minded folks and have quality conversations. Spread the word amongst your fellow bloggers and let’s help each other.
What is the way for a cartoonist blogger to get published in a newspaper?
  • I draw cartoons and post them on my blog here- http://abhyudayatoons.blogspot.com/.

The ultimate aim for a cartoonist is I guess, to reach a wider audience. How do you suggest I go about it?
  • There are multiple ways that you might want to explore @abhyu00. To start with, take feedback from your friends, well wishers and importantly not your friends. Try and work on current social topics and use social media to promote it. If people like it, they will retweet or share it with their friends on Facebook. This will get you some audience.

Make sure you write your blog URL on all the cartoon strips you put up, that way people can visit your blog after viewing the strip on any social media channels or website.

We have interviewed Satish Acharya and Kirtish Bhatt. You should read their interviews and connect with them.

Let us know if this helps. :)
  • Thank you so much for the advice Team. I am surely going to try those tips. The interviews helped too. Wishing that one day I will be the interviewee. Hehe... dreams dreams... :-) Thank you again
  • @abhyu00 I've been through your blog, every time you post a new cartoon.

Well some I love, while some I feel were okay-ish (that's just a personal opinion) .. Yet again, what you do is what very few people do and you're GOOD at it. Really GOOD!

Have you ever tried sending them to newspapers? I know that Hindustan Times definitely encourages budding talent. I'd written a casual feature and well I was lucky it got published. You should try it out!

All the very best :)
  • Thank you @confusedsoul, I always have loved your comments on my blog. I have thought about sending them to a newspaper but, have never gone further than drawing them on a sheet of paper and folding them into an envelope. I guess I have this immense fear of rejection. I will surely give it a try. :-) Thanks for the encouragement. And my apologies for the late reply.
  • @abhyu00: Why fear? Go ahead and send them! All the best. :)
  • Thank you team, fear because I've already tried emailing them but no response. Feels like my mails are going to some hollow abyss.

Welcome Friend!

Be a part of the BlogAdda Forum to connect, share and learn. Login via Facebook or Register, it takes less than a minute!

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In this Discussion