Welcome to the BlogAdda Forum. Post your queries and views on various subjects surrounding the Indian blogosphere, connect with like-minded folks and have quality conversations. Spread the word amongst your fellow bloggers and let’s help each other.
What are the blog statistics that you focus on ?
  • Page views, unique visits, bounce rates, number of impressions vs CTR, new visitors, returning visitors and there are many other such statistics available. Which are the ones that you look at to improve the performance of your blog
  • A general eye on the pageview and a keen eye on the feedjit info (for people who revisit). These two things happen with me. For. eg I used to see that someone visited my blog from Illinois. After afew months I found out that I had written about an old man and his son who lived in Illinois used to keep revisiting the blog to read about his dad. Such stories behind a visit get me quite excited :)
  • Besides the details mentioned above, I make sure to check length of the visit and source of traffic.

That helps me understand where are my visitors come from, which posts do they like to read, and how much time they like to spend on my blog during their visit.
  • @cogentdesi: Can you elaborate more on 'length of the visit'?
  • I usually bother only about, PAGE VIEWS, TRAFFIC SOURCE, and THE NUMBER OF COMMENTS.
  • @princesspoo, yeah traffic source is something I look at too. It helps me understand if the traffic is organic, referred or direct.

Some of the metrices I look at besides page views and unique visits

1. Bounce Rate : It helps me understand why a user did not go beyond the landing page. I try to use this statistics to see how I can create means for the user to browse through other content in my blog

2. New visitor / Vs returning visitor : Returning visit is an indication (to some extent) that someone book marked you and came back for more inputs. It is also an indication of stickiness that might otherwise be less with limited returning visits.

3. Number of google impressions vs clicks - Again if my post had an impression in Google search, but didn't result in a click, I try understand what went wrong and accordingly see how I can tweak my meta tags.

Does anyone else look at these parameters ? I use Google Analytics for 1 and 2, Webmaster for 3 and I rely mostly on statcounter for pageviews and unique visits.

What measuring tools do you use ?
  • 1. PAGE VIEWS,
    2 .TRAFFIC SOURCE,
    3. THE NUMBER OF COMMENTS,
    4. CPR
    5. Bounce Rate

You can visit my blog for reference @ http://www.fathersday-2014.net/
  • Page views, unique visits, bounce rates, number of impressions vs CTR, new visitors, returning visitors and there are many other such statistics available. Which are the ones that you look at to improve the performance of your blog and now the another term is going popular is User Engagement.
    For More Details Visit my Blog

Welcome Friend!

Be a part of the BlogAdda Forum to connect, share and learn. Login via Facebook or Register, it takes less than a minute!

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In this Discussion