Welcome to the BlogAdda Forum. Post your queries and views on various subjects surrounding the Indian blogosphere, connect with like-minded folks and have quality conversations. Spread the word amongst your fellow bloggers and let’s help each other.
Sid Khullar's Open Kitchen: Food Blogging Queries Answered
  • We are pleased to welcome Sid Khullar of Chef at Large, who is among the top food bloggers of the country, here at Conversations! Starting today, Sid will be open for discussion, almost in real time, till Friday. You can put across your views, ask for solutions, get your doubts cleared, etc. and take one step closer to becoming a really good food blogger of the blogosphere. So here's your golden chance, to converse directly with a top notch Food Blogger - Sid Khullar! Make the most of it. Let's proceed!

• hi sid!!

I have really got into cooking and baking for the last one and half years!!

Want to know some good places to get baking stuff in delhi..have already been to INA and liked it...and now want to know some more places..
  • Hi shootingstar_

Depending on what you're looking for there are a few places in Delhi where you can pick up stuff for baking:

- Ceramic-ware market in Malviya Nagar
    - Sadar Bazaar
    - Le Marche
    - CCDS

Of the lot, you may find CCDS to be the most convenient. Their online catalog is here:
    http://www.nowletslearn.com/shop_online.php

Stay well.
    Sid
    Join the Chef at Large food and cooking group
  • Hi Sid! What's cooking in this country?
  • Not enough space here to answer that one uspandey. :)
    I will say however we're beginning to experiment and previously intolerant folks are becoming easier to be with.

Stay well.
    Sid
  • Hi! Sid. I enjoy cooking and experimenting mainly because I am too used to great food with my Mom and Grandmom being fabulously creative cooks. The one thing though, I would love to do is bake. I have a microwave oven, which I use, like any typical South Indian - to just reheat stuff. But each time I see an exciting dish and check out the recipe, I feel sad when it says "Preheat oven to...blah blah" because it is "boo hoo, sniff sniff" for me.

I want advice choosing an oven where I can bake all sorts of exotic things - I have a long list of recipes I am just dying to try. What oven do you recommend? Is it a good idea to buy an OTG? If yes, which?
  • thanks sid!!

I have already been to Malviya Nagar with another lovely food blogger Sangeeta Khanna and i really liked it...will check the other places too.
    thanks!!

cheers
    SS
  • Lolz on uspandy's question :-)

Now that I cook and blog about it, I would like to know how to monetize the blogs, if that is a good possibility in India. Adsense brings peanuts..err..no Sesame :-)
  • Hi Sid!! I'm always amazed by the photographs on all the great food blogs out there. Do you have any tips on food photography with a simple digital camera?
  • Hi VidyaSury,

Know the feeling. :)
    I'm not much of a baker and am restricted to simple dishes like bakes/gratins, roasts, breads, pies etc that don't need much to make. My oven is a 5 year old Inalsa that's holding up well. It has two elements (top and bottom) and a rotation function for roasting meats. Here's the link to what is probably the next generation version of the one I own:

http://www.inalsaappliances.com/main page/ProductPage/Product-Pages/OTG_Super Bake R 28L.html

An OTG will serve for most needs.

There are other models that have precise temperature control, are equipped with blowers etc. These however are quite expensive and I suggest venturing into that area when you're comfortable with baking (most of us aren't initially) and bake often enough to justify the purchase... and the space it's going to occupy in your kitchen.

Stay well.
    Sid

VidyaSury said:

Hi! Sid. I enjoy cooking and experimenting mainly because I am too used to great food with my Mom and Grandmom being fabulously creative cooks. The one thing though, I would love to do is bake. I have a microwave oven, which I use, like any typical South Indian - to just reheat stuff. But each time I see an exciting dish and check out the recipe, I feel sad when it says "Preheat oven to...blah blah" because it is "boo hoo, sniff sniff" for me.

I want advice choosing an oven where I can bake all sorts of exotic things - I have a long list of recipes I am just dying to try. What oven do you recommend? Is it a good idea to buy an OTG? If yes, which?

• You're welcome! Do let me know of your experiences at those other places, especially ease of ordering and stock status at CCDS.

Stay well.
    Sid

thanks sid!!

I have already been to Malviya Nagar with another lovely food blogger Sangeeta Khanna and i really liked it...will check the other places too.
    thanks!!

cheers
    SS

Welcome Friend!

Be a part of the BlogAdda Forum to connect, share and learn. Login via Facebook or Register, it takes less than a minute!

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In this Discussion