Welcome to the BlogAdda Forum. Post your queries and views on various subjects surrounding the Indian blogosphere, connect with like-minded folks and have quality conversations. Spread the word amongst your fellow bloggers and let’s help each other.
Let's discuss queries regarding Food Photography and Styling for Photography
  • There is a misconception you can only shoot good photographs with DSLR's. Though a DSLR provides you with more control, but you can click decent enough photographs if you use it in proper manner and style your food right with a regular point and shoot camera as well.

I am here to answer all your queries regarding Food Styling and Food Photography, so shoot away your queries and I will answer them here.

Rekha Kakkar answers food photography and styling queries
  • I am curious to know if there's anything we need to note when I don't have a good camera in hand and there's only a mobile camera I have at my disposal. Any special tricks?
  • I am planning to buy a DSLR , What are things to check when buying and Do I need to buy extra lens along with it or Kit lens is good enough?
  • I am curious to know if there's anything we need to note when I don't have a good camera in hand and there's only a mobile camera I have at my disposal. Any special tricks?

Make Best use of whatever is available, These days mobile camera have very advanced features too where you can use various settings just like many point and shoot cameras have. Try to frame your shot right, keep your camera angle right and most importantly make best use of light.

• Vandana said:

I am planning to buy a DSLR , What are things to check when buying and Do I need to buy extra lens along with it or Kit lens is good enough?

Vandana there are many options available these days , There are many choices available from beginner level to pro. , It depends on what is your purpose of buying DSLR . If you can tell me bit more about that It will be easier for me to answer your question and specifics pertaining to that.
  • I mainly want it for travel photography so that I can capture those beautiful moments of my family. Also I would like to click food photographs too.
  • If I buy extra lense which ones to buy.

• Vandana said:

I mainly want it for travel photography so that I can capture those beautiful moments of my family. Also I would like to click food photographs too.

If your budget allows go for a DSLR with Kit lens 18-55mm which is actually the perfect lens for most immediate photographic needs. I would suggest you to familiarize with kit lens which in some cameras is 18-55mm and in some 18-105mm and then add some macro and wide angle lenses to your collection.
  • Hi, I am a recent blogger but a complete food aficionado and a photography enthusiast. I have recently started my moms home based catering company through Facebook. Its working well.
    I would like to learn more about food styling and photography. Where, how??? Please help.

My blog is :
    http://thegoodepicurean.blogspot.com/2012/08/a-trip-down-epicurean-alley-food.html
  • Morphy said:

Hi, I am a recent blogger but a complete food aficionado and a photography enthusiast. I have recently started my moms home based catering company through Facebook. Its working well.
    I would like to learn more about food styling and photography. Where, how??? Please help.

My blog is :
    http://thegoodepicurean.blogspot.com/2012/08/a-trip-down-epicurean-alley-food.html

There are many options for learning, you can join a food styling workshop or short courses available in many culinary institutes and these days there are many online resources options too.

For photography you can join photography class near you and nothing like hands on workshop with professional photographer. If you let me know which city you are in I can suggest you resources available.
  • Hi I am based in Gurgaon and would like to do a class in photography...would you have any recommendations?

Welcome Friend!

Be a part of the BlogAdda Forum to connect, share and learn. Login via Facebook or Register, it takes less than a minute!

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In this Discussion