Welcome to the BlogAdda Forum. Post your queries and views on various subjects surrounding the Indian blogosphere, connect with like-minded folks and have quality conversations. Spread the word amongst your fellow bloggers and let’s help each other.
What's the best fantasy novel series of all time?
  • When someone says Fantasy, One name pops up instantly... J R R Tolkien. He is the GOD of High Fantasy.
    1. Lord of the rings series by J R R Tolkien
    2. Harry potter series by J K Rowling
    3. Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta
    4. Seven Realms series by Cinda Williams Chima
    5. Graceling Realm series by Kristin Cashore
    6. The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare --- Urban fantasy
    7. Fever series by Karen Marie Moning
    8. Percy Jackson & the Olympians series by Rick Riordan & all of his books--mythology
    9. The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa-- Paranormal Fantasy
    10. The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
    11. The Vampire academy by Richelle Mead -- Paranormal Fantasy

Since I am mainly a YA reader so most of my favs comes under YA categorie.....
    It is rather very difficult to choose from so many.....

Happy reading guys.
    :)
  • I am not into fantasy novels at all. But just curious to know why doesn't the hobbit series by JRR Tolkiens feature on anyone's lists.
  • @justwakecall - Because there is no Hobbit series. Hobbit and Similarion are like prequels of the LOTR series.
  • @anky0112 - Never heard of most of those though even I read quite a lot of YA stuff. Are they good?
  • @The_Fool -- well I am a YA bookaholic, they are like daily doze to me so heck yeah, they are good. basically YA-- young adult. It depends on your reading style. YA is more on fun yet serious genre and is a huge one. Then again it depends on what kind of book would you read under YA section.
    >Seven Realms series by Cinda Williams Chima
    >Graceling Realm series by Kristin Cashore
    these are pretty good books of YA fantasy, they have a good plot. You can pick any and see if you like it.
    I can go on and on about YA but I guess I have to stop now.
  • Thanks anky0112 - This forum is for discussion. So please do go on as much as you like about YA. I know what is YA. Some of the recent ones I have read are:-
    1. keys to the kingdom by Garth Nix
    2. Spook series by Joseph Delaney
    3. Percy Jackson series and Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan
    4. Children on the Lamp series by P.B Kerr
    5. Power of Five by Anthony Horowitz
    6. Ink Series by Cornelia Funke
    7. Stravaganzers series by Mary Hoffman
    8. Isabelle Allende's wild life series

I have not seen any of the ones you mention in book stores or libraries. But I will keep a look out for them.

• I have read the Percy Jackson series and Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan , they are Awesome. every one of it. The books I mention are recent series so I guess it will be a tad difficult to get hard copy, I mostly read Ebooks (Epub).
    Your list looks good. All YA, I definitely will pick one next time.
  • Yes. These novels seems very interesting. Any popular novels are having few things in common like powerful story, mystery and the names of the characters. To create the story and mystery in novel, it is the authors skill. However, to name the character one need to do a little research. Please find more information on names on http://www.babynology.com/

Welcome Friend!

Be a part of the BlogAdda Forum to connect, share and learn. Login via Facebook or Register, it takes less than a minute!

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.

In this Discussion